MELBOURNE COFFEE.... SO FAR


Everyday day of the week, I find myself wondering into a new café, tucked away like a hidden treasure amongst the urban jungle. Everyday I get my $4 quick fix of caffeine, and everyday I am reminded why Melbourne has been dubbed the coffee capital of the nation. If I continue to spend $4 a day, 5 days a week, of the 52 weeks in a year, I would be spending just under $1,000 dollars a year on coffee. While this sounds like an absurd figure for a first year uni student, it is one of the little luxuries of my day, and it just so happens that the fuel to my extreme addiction happens to be some of the best quality I can get my hands on.

Coffee and café culture is ingrained to the Melbourne lifestyle, a way of living I could certainly get used to. It is not just the quality of coffee, but everything that comes with it; the atmosphere of the café, the pride the barista takes in their coffee, the excitement of finding a new ‘go to’ spot.

Many people in my life know the severity of my coffee obsession (addiction more like it), and I was recently gifted a book called The Specialty Coffee Book – Victoria, written by Jonette Gorge and Ethan Jenkins. The book details the coffee bean’s journey from crop to cup in a pictorial guide to everything you ever wanted to know about coffee. The book is filled with beautiful photography, capturing the story of coffee though the eyes of one its most indulgent cities in the world – Melbourne. The book identifies the cafes that produce some of the best flavours in Australia, and my goal is to slowly but surely discover them all. If you would like to know more about, or purchase this gorgeous, coffee lover must-have book, click here.

 While I haven’t called this city my home for very long, I already understand why the people of Melbourne go ga-ga for the caffeinated goodness. Here are some of the places I’ve been so far (and many more to come)!


Abacus
383 Chapel St, South Yarra
@abacus_melbourne


A Minor Place
103 Albion St, Brunswick VIC 3056
@aminorplacecafe



Market Lane Coffee
Queen Vic Market, Shop 73-76 Dairy Produce Hall
@marketlane



Sensory Lab 
297 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
@sensory_lab



Rustica Canteen
166 Swan St, Richmond VIC 3121



Toby's Estate Coffee Roasters
325 Flinders Lane
@tobysestatecoffee


Code Black Coffee
119 Howard St, North Melbourne VIC 3051




Make sure you let us know of any hidden cafe finds, or if you head to any of these spots!

With love,

No comments