SPOLIGHT: CHESSIE KEEBAUGH

Chessie Keebaugh burst onto our televisions screens in 2015 during the second season of “The Real Housewives of Melbourne.” Since her on-screen debut Chessie has quickly become one of Melbourne’s “it” girls. Attending the hottest events, dining at Melbourne’s best cafes and restaurants as well as having an instagram we’ve all stalked.

Chessie is currently studying Communication Design at university and works full time. She took some time out of her busy schedule to talk to us about her life, her wardrobe staples and why she should be an Uber Eats ambassador.




1. How old are you?
I am currently 22 years old, however turning 23 in May. Each year seems to pop around quicker and quicker.

2. What area of Melbourne do you live in?
I live in Malvern with my parents but St Kilda with my boyfriend. I split my time between both at the moment.

3.What do you do for work/study?
I study Communication Design part time while I work full time within the PR/Digital Marketing/Talent Manager space. I can’t really narrow it down to one as we look after all of the above where I work. It’s such a fun industry, no day is EVER the same.

4. What’s a day in the life of Chessie Keebaugh like?


Hmm.. Setting my alarm at 7am and then always sleeping until 8am. Spend the next ten minutes rushing to find my 101 outfit - Harley Davidson Bomber jacket, white tee, jeans and acne sneakers, jumping in an uber and arriving to work 5 mins late.. EVERY DAMN MORNING.

Sit at the desk listening to old school hip hop - I am obsessed with Rappers Delight at the moment (Fun Fact: First Hip Hop song every made and its AWESOME) and smashing out some work.

Grabbing a delicious poke bowl for lunch (salmon is my fave) and then spend the rest of the afternoon being an absolute lunatic as my lack of sleep starts to kick in.. I’m not much for a sleeper #nightowl. After work I will go meet my friend for a glass of pinot before heading to an event where we always take way too many puppy filter selfies and one too many drinks, and then my boyfriend will take us home after making a quick stop for some Salt and Vinegar chips..my fav.

5. Uber Eats or Deliveroo?
Uber Eats - I could honestly be their advocate I get it so much #guilty


6. Sneaker or Heel?
Sneaker, I’m waaayy too tall to be wearing heels 24/7

7. Bomber or Blazer?
Bomber

8. Hottest spot for a wine?
I really wish I had more trendy answers, I only have the cheap ones haha.. My friends and I love HooHaa on Chapel Street. We’re all about the double hour, its really life changing!

9. Brows or Lashes?
Argh. This is a hard one. Probably lashes..

10. Southside or Northside?
I want to sound edgy and cool and say Northside, but I rarely head out there. Soo.. Southside by default?

11. Ideal night out?
Considering my friends and I are quite rowdy, it usually involves too many shots. We start off being sophisticated at dinner and then all of a sudden it ends with the sun rising as we leave Pawn and Co. But hey - you’re only young once right?

12. Ideal night in?
Ordering a delicious meal off Uber Eats and binge watching Netflix with my boyfriend.

13. Favourite city in the world?
New York City!! Whenever the plane lands on the tarmac, I feel completely at home. Probably the lamest thing i’ve ever said - but also the truest.

14. Favourite restaurant Melbourne?
Hmm.. this is hard one. When It’s pay day ($$) Nobu!!! When it the few days before pay day and I am literally scrambling on the floor to find a $2 coin.. Definitely Gourmet Dumplings - you can never go wrong.


15. How do you deal with hate?
I don’t. I have literally gotten to a point in my life that I really don’t care about what people think about me. Obviously if they’re a good friend or someone I care about, I always have time for their feedback. But the keyboard warriors and people who spend their time trying to bring people down.. I don’t waste my time giving them a second thought. I usually just laugh.


16. What advice would give your younger self?
Probably two things: Don’t listen to peoples negativity and let it rule you. As well as learning to love every inch of yourself - you are all you have. I think growing up is probably one of the hardest things to deal with. It’s something that I have been struggling with even now - its that battle between the crossroads and which one you should take in order to find love, be successful, enjoy life etc. Growing up is so bloody hard *eyeroll emoji*.