WINTER IS COMING

An interstate move brings MANY adjustments. How to do your own laundry, how to cook a microwave lasagne, how to keep yourself alive… However coming from a somewhat 'tropical' climate, the biggest adjustment I've had to make has been to my wardrobe. Not only the size but also the content. Who knew how valuable a scarf could really be? Even if the only one I own has team stripes on it.

In weeks gone by I've been obsessively people watching to familiarise myself with the Melbourne dress code. As I've now tucked away all my much loved linen dresses and denim skirts, I've decided to become a more active part of Victorian society and wrap myself up in all black winter woolies. Below you'll find a list of 10 items I've decided that everyone needs or wants to have this winter, especially in Melbourne.
Oh! And I've included 3 of each item, in all price ranges, just for you! Yes… you!

1. Fluffy loafer
Okay, so this one is really hit or miss. Personally, I'm a fan. I mean, they're like classier ugg boots, right?

2. Leather jacket -
THIS.IS.ESSENTIAL. Leather jackets are so Melbourne and can be worn day or night, dressed up or down, worn at uni or dinner, by girl or boy.. Get me?
3. Statement Boot
Boots in general are a must have, no questions asked. Statement boots however, just add a little bit of interest or something extra to your all black outfit. The also look extra fab walking down Collins St.

4. Black denim jacket
Something that has been really big, especially in Brunswick, is double denim. I could never pull off a full on Britney and Justin 2000s look so the combination of black and blue or even black on black denim is much more appealing to me.

5. Sweatshirt
My sweatshirt collection has grown hard and fast in the last few weeks. They are just so easy! Practical, fashionable and layerable, check please!
6. Turtleneck
If you don’t have one, you need one. For me, these have been my substitute scarf. Personally, I can justify spending more on a merino wool jumper that will snuggle my neck AND my body.
7. Puffer jacket
OK I don’t know what is in the water in Victoria… maybe its practicality? but I swear EVERYONE in the city has one of these! Especially if they are fresh out of private school and study E-Com at Uni Melb. Not sorry.

8. Sneakers
Obviously.
9. Fur coat
I think we can all happily agree that faux fur is having its annual moment.

10. Pants - Not jeans, pants. Anything from culottes to sweatpants. These are what I was really lacking and now I'm obsessed.
You're very welcome,