SPOTLIGHT: HERMIONE OLIVIA

Hermione Olivia is a force to be reckoned with. Growing up in Sydney Hermione is a true Aussie girl. Not only does she have a killer name that one of us is obsessed with, she is currently living in London, working relentlessly, and travelling to what seems like every corner of the world. Hermione took time out of her hectic schedule to talk to us about her PR business that she started at 23, and her style and favourite travel destinations. She's a business chick, a jewellery designer, a blogger, a Bon Vivant, and simply gorgeous! The sky isn't your limit if you work hard! Enjoy Xxx  


How old are you? 
29. 

Where in London do you live? 
Chelsea. 

Why did you decide to get into PR? 
I was fortunate enough to land a role at LVMH in Marketing whilst I was studying Business, majoring in Communications, at University. Having finished studying, I landed my first full-time role in a great Sydney-based PR Agency and my career unfolded. 

What made you want to start your blog hermioneolivia.com? 
Having moved to London, I was travelling frequently and constantly being asked for my recommendations on where to stay, eat etc in the various destinations I was sharing on social media. Putting it all in one place online solved the problem of constantly copying and pasting!! It has now evolved to include snippets of my life in London, my style, and life building my jewellery brand, Atelier Romy. 

What was your first job? 
The local paper run at the age of… 10?!

How old were you when you started The H Collective? 
I was 23. 

Was it scary starting your own business? 
I’d be lying if I said elements of working for myself don’t remain daunting to this day. It’s a huge responsibility and requires a constant drive. When I first launched The H Collective, it was a natural progression as I had too many freelance clients to manage solo so employing people and starting an Agency was the organic next step. 

Ultimate wardrobe staple?
A tailored black blazer. 

Denim or Leather? 
That’s tough - probably leather. 


Candle or Facial?
Definitely candles - Byredo or Diptique or Cire Trudon, I’m obsessed with candles! 

Eastern Suburbs or Lower North Shore? 
Lol - what a question. Both beautiful in their own ways. 

Favourite brunch spot in Sydney? 
Jackie’s in Paddington or Fratelli Paradiso in Potts Point. 


         

Favourite city that you have travelled to? 
Marrakech, Nairobi and Rome. 

If you could live anywhere in the world other than London or Sydney, where would it be? 
I spend a week of every month in Florence which is pretty incredible. I would love to live in an Asian city - maybe Hong Kong or Tokyo. 

What is one piece of advice you would give to your younger self? 
Hold on, it’s going to be quite the ride. 


You can find Hermione via her Instagram - @hermioneolivia 
Her blog - hermioneolivia.com
Atelier Romy - atelierromy.com 



All images via Hermione Olivia Underwood