EVERYDAY MAKEUP




Keep your lashes long and your standards high when it comes to life, men, and the products you choose to slap onto your face on the daily. Personally, I either have stark naked face that looks like I haven't slept for 3 weeks, or I have about 13 different products piled up on my face. Makeup isn't about wanting to look good for other people, it is something that I enjoy doing; a little luxury of my day that I look forward to in the mornings - some me time. Your makeup should never proceed you, but walk with you. Whether your into going full drag queen, or just want some concealer and mascara for the day, makeup is something that is universally relatable. 

Everyone's makeup routine is personal, so this is just one gal's way of doing it. I use a range of high end to drugstore makeup - as much as I would love to have drawers full of M.A.C and Estee lauder, my current budget prevents me from doing so.

The following is what I use on an everyday basis if I'm wanting to look put together!



FOUNDATION:

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation; $18.95

Foundation is something that is used on the daily, and is something I tend to go through quite rapidly, therefore I've opted for a cheaper option for the base of my face. This foundation is lightweight, moisturising, and medium coverage, perfect for everyday use. 

When I am going out, or for more special occasions, I use Estee lauder double wear - bullet proof! 


CONCEALAR:
Rimmel Wake me Up Concealar; $14.95

Again, another more affordable product, but again, concealer is something I go through quickly. This concealing is great for concealing and illuminating under the eyes, giving the appearance that I wasn't up until midnight the night before, binge watching sex and the city. I use the lightest shade - ivory - as I like to brighten underneath my eyes for the 'awake' affect. 

When I want more full coverage, I use MAC Pro Long wear concealer. 


BLUSH:
NARS Orgasm; $47



Some wear blush, some don't, I for one, am a blush wearer. NARS orgasm is a soft pressed powder blush that gives a natural, healthy looking colour, that is suitable for all skin types. This is a Peachy Pink shade with a hint of shimmer, perfect for a subtle flush of luminous colour.

POWDER:
Face of Australia Loose Translucent Powder; $11.95

This is a finely ground, micro fine face powder that is amazing for setting your foundation without adding any extra coverage due to it's translucent colour - perfect for everyday. For a more glam look I'll use this to bake under my eyes and cheekbones. 

BRONZER:
MAC Natural Mineralized Skin Finish - Give me Sun; $49


This is a slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provides a natural, dimensional finish. I absolutely adore this bronzer, even though it has an peach undertone it still looks natural and flawless on my reasonably pale skin. Mac Skinfishes are of an extremely high quality and totally worth the price. This product is perfect for adding a touch of warmth to the face on an every day basis.


HIGHLIGHTER:
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish - Soft and Gentle; $47

This is a gilded peach bronze highlighter that adds a gorgeous radiance to the face. It definitely has a lot of glitter and shimmer to it however it still manages to look natural on the skin.


MASCARA:

Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express; $19.95

This is a recent purchase for me however I haven’t been able to stop using it since I got it! This mascara helps you achieve fabulously full and voluminous lashes instantly. 


LIPS:
LINER: Nyx retractable lip liner – Nude; $9.95
LIPSTICK: Mac – Peachblossom; $36
GLOSS: Nyx Butter Lipgloss – Creme Brullee; $9.95

These 3 are the perfect trio for an everyday look! The Nyx Nude liner adds the perfect amount of pigment and definition to the outside of the lips, Mac Peach blossom is my absolute go to lipstick and works fabulously just by itself, and the Nyx Butter Lipgloss in Creme Brullee is the perfect colour for something extra.


BROWS:
Chi Chi Eye brow pencil; $9.95
This pencil contains Shea Butter and Vitamin E, is long wearing, waterproof and natural looking. The pencil also comes with a built in brow brush and is a great easy everyday product.

EYESHADOW:
Bobbi Brown Holiday 2014 Collection Warm Eye Palette; limited edition

This palette contains 6 warm eyeshadow colours, all soft and neutral shades, perfect for creating subtle and elegant eye looks that are perfect for everyday. While I use this palette for everyday, it is also very versatile as the black and glitter shade can be used for a night time look. Unfortunately this platte was limited edition however I would recommend all other Bobbi brown eyeshadows.









No comments